Hello, it’s me! Chef Cindy! I’m known as the BFF who was born on the same day as vvens and we celebrated our Rainbow Rendezvous birthday exactly one month ago. Remember this….
Our awesome rainbow cupcake baked by ME! It doesn’t only looks gorgeous, it tastes super yummy and the crowd would definitely love it!
Why do I need to blog about it? The recipe is everywhere around the internet! BUT I’m gonna share with you a step by step tutorial on how to make these super adorable cupcakes <3 <3
Firstly, the tools and ingredients..
What you’ll need (cake):-
250g Unsalted Butter
250g Self-raising Flour
250 Caster Sugar
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoon Milk
Food Coloring (Red, Blue, Yellow & Green)
What you’ll need (icing):-
250g Cream Cheese
100g Unsalted Butter
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 – 6 Cups Icing Sugar
What you’ll need (tools):-
Measuring Cups & Spoons
6 Empty Glasses/Bowls/Cup
Piping bags (for icing)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degree C.
2. Beat butter and sugar at high speed for at least 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in eggs one at a time at low speed.
4. Add flour slowly and mix well at low speed.
5. Add vanilla extract, mix.
6. Add salt, mix.
7. Add milk, mix.
8. Divide the cake mix into 6 different glasses. Look, I used these pretty glasses that resembles the color of the cake mix.
9. Add in the food coloring, Red (1 tsp red), Orange (1/4 tsp red, 3/4 tsp yellow), Yellow (1 tsp yellow), Green (1 tsp green), Blue (1 tsp blue), Purple (1/4 tsp blue, 3/4 tsp red). Mix! Mix! Mix!
10. Spoon the mix into cupcake liners starting with purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, then red. Like this.
11. Place the tray into the pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 – 20 minutes.
12. When it’s ready, place a toothpick into the cupcake and make sure it come out clean. If it’s not, then put it back into the oven for another few minutes.
13. Place the freshly baked cupcakes onto wired trays to cool.
14. For the icing, beat together all the ingredients until fluffy! The longer you beat the fluffier and yummier it is.
15. The icing on top completes the whole rainbow cupcake. Swirl them anyway you like but I prefer them looking like clouds. Start the swirling in the middle, two cycles, and end in the middle.
I made a mistake with the math. I made 24 cupcakes instead of 25. And that explains the random M&M’s in the middle. Lol!
So easy! Isn’t it? You can serve them at birthday parties, open houses, themed parties (like ours!).
Look at what vvens gave me as a birthday present! Well, that’s only part of it. I absolutely love it! She knows what my obsessions are. I must try them out real soon!
That’s all folks! See ya! :)